Looking for a quick lunch? My Easy Vegan Egg Salad can be mixed up quickly in one bowl with just a handful of ingredients. No boiling eggs (ick, that smell!!) and no struggles over peeling those egg shells (ugh-I never could get that right!)
When it comes to the mayonnaise part of the recipe, you have the option to use a store bought vegan mayo (like Vegenaise) or you can mix up my own oil-free version of mayo. Even if you have a tofu skeptic in your house, I bet they will love my version of the classic (no) egg salad sandwich. The key ingredient, black salt (Kala Namak) gives this the “eggy” aroma and the little bit of turmeric brightens the color to a delicious yellow! I also recommend using “dill” relish, as opposed to “sweet” relish, so that you don’t add any unnecessary sugars.
Easy Vegan Egg Salad
- Extra firm tofu (I use 1/2 a package of the Trader Joe’s Sprouted Tofu) which comes in a 2-pack
- 3 T. oil free Vegan Mayo or Store bought
- 2 T. nutritional yeast
- 1 T. Stone ground mustard (I use Trader Joe’s)
- 2 T. dill relish
- 1/2 t. onion powder
- 1/2 t. black salt
- 1/2 t. ground turmeric
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped onion (optional)
- Drain the tofu and wrap in towels to squeeze as much water out as possible. I don’t use a tofu press, so it’s up to you if you want to take that extra step
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients, EXCEPT the tofu and celery (and onion, if using) and blend well.
- With your hands, crumble the tofu into the bowl and add the celery and onion and mix well until everything is coated.
- You can eat this right away, but I think it tastes better if it’s refrigerated for a while so the flavors can develop.
- Enjoy on your favorite bread, wrap or salad!!
Hurry up and get to the kitchen and make yourself a bowl of this always classic lunch! You can serve it by itself, on a bed of greens, in a wrap or on some toasted sunflower seed bread, like I did.
Tag me @heidicooksplants when you make yours and let me know how much you love it!
See you in the kitchen soon,
This site contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I receive a small commission at no additional charge to you. Thank you for supporting my work!